Past Dates & Times
- Fri, Aug 23, 2019 - Sun, Aug 25, 2019 Various Times - See Details
Birthing From Within classes offer a balance of practical information and creative exploration for childbirth preparation. Through group discussion, breathing and mindfulness practice, videos, and sample scenarios, the class will prepare you with both technical information and the mindset necessary to allow your unique labor experience to unfold. The approach of recognizing that we can influence, but not totally control, how birth happens offers parents the tools necessary to handle pain and intensity as well as to approach birth mindfully.
- Overview of normal labor and its variations
- Build a pain coping mindset through breathing and mindfulness practice
- Birth partner support skills and communication
- Experience birth as a rite of passage
- What to expect from your care provider and birthplace
- Compassionate and appropriate use of medical intervention and drugs
- Create a birth space and team that will facilitate your labor
- Prepare to navigate through any unexpected elements that arise in labor
- Create a healthy postpartum period/early transition to parenting
August 23 - 25
This is an immersive weekend, and the sessions runs as follows:
Friday: 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Saturday: 12:30 - 6:00 pm
Sunday: 12:30 - 4:30 pm
Pricing: $295 per person
- Partners can attend at no extra cost!
- Early Summer Series: We ask that you please hold Saturday, July 6 as a make up date in case of cancellations due to Kymm Ann's work as a doula
- Includes One Postpartum Reunion Class
- The weekend immersion offers the Birthing From Within material in a slightly more condensed format than the 6-week series.