Dates and Times
- Wednesday, Nov 20, 2019 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Prenatal Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive workshop, held every other month, and is designed for anyone who is planning to be, or is currently pregnant.
Hosted by Jenny Putt, PT, these evening discussions will cover all things concerning the musculoskeletal system in pregnancy, labor, birth and early postpartum with an emphasis on the pelvic floor.
Please bring your questions and concerns, as Jenny will tailor each evening to your specific needs. Topics may vary some depending on your questions; she is an expert in the following areas:
- Physiological changes in pregnancy & implications
- Function of the pelvic floor specific to pregnancy, labor and delivery
- Signs and symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Common diagnoses (diastasis recti, prolapse, hemorrhoids, incontinence, pubic symphysis dysfunction, pelvic, low back, hip, sacral and tailbone pain)
- How to prevent dysfunction or manage symptoms
- Prenatal Fitness
- Connecting the core and pelvic floor
- Preparing for labor
- Pushing strategies and positions
- What to expect in early postpartum
- Pelvic physical therapy
The Prenatal Pelvic Floor is held every other month and is geared specifically towards those who are currently pregnant or trying to conceive. The demands placed on the body throughout pregnancy, labor and birth are incredibly high. It is important to consciously train to meet these demands in addition to understanding, listening and respecting the changes the body goes through both physically and mentally. By doing so, you can optimize how the body functions and feels throughout the amazing process of becoming a mom. Professionals in the birth community are also welcome to attend.
Upcoming Dates: July 17, September 18, November 20
Time: 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Price: Sliding scale $5-$20. Please pay what you can truly afford, which allows more mothers access this important information.
If you have given birth recently or within the last several years, please register for The Postnatal Pelvic Floor workshop instead.