Ending Homelessness Through The Dignity Of Work
The Downtown Streets Team is a 510(c)3 nonprofit that provides evidence-based support for people experiencing homelessness around the country. In Downtown Santa Cruz, we are proud to support our Downtown Streets Team as they work to beautify our beloved Downtown.
Who are the Downtown Streets Team Members?
The Downtown Streets Team are volunteers who offer their time and efforts to clean and maintain areas in Santa Cruz, in exchange for case management, support with resources, and gift cards for necessities. Many Downtown Streets Team Members are currently experiencing or at risk of homelessness in the Santa Cruz area - and the DST program provides those stepping stones toward stability. The Downtown Streets Team program model is structured to be a one-year transitional program into permanent housing and employment. If you see someone in a yellow shirt with a Downtown Streets Team logo, say hello and thank them!
What's the impact of the Downtown Streets Team?
To see all the successes, you can see their impact page here. The Downtown Streets Team program also provides support for those who may stumble on their path to success - Team Members are welcomed back any time they're ready to start again.
Interested in learning more about DST and employment opportunities?
Contact Kate Oates, Kate@streetsteam.org
Want to hire a Team Member?
Here's why it's a smart move:
- DST’s program builds accountability, teamwork and punctuality — Team Members graduate ready to join the workforce. DST has placed over 709 individuals into permanent employment (90+ days)
- Targeted Recruitment — Your employment opportunities will be shared with a pool of candidates who come from diverse backgrounds and have many skills and talents.
- Candidate Screening — Candidates are thoroughly screened, and DST managers refer only those who are qualified for your open positions.
- Retention Program — To ensure long-term success, Downtown Streets Team keeps in touch with graduates beyond graduation. Employees are also always welcome to participate in our development courses.
- Commitment to change — Success is only counted when a Team Member retains a job for over 90 days.
To learn more, contact Jocelyn Curran, email@example.com