If you are a new business opening in Downtown Santa Cruz, welcome to the neighborhood!
We’d love to support your new business by sharing your Grand Opening celebration information and help coordinate a ribbon cutting at your Grand Opening celebration.
Generally, we first recommend scheduling a Grand Opening celebration date (ideally to be a couple months after the actual opening of your doors to business. The actual opening of the doors is called a “soft opening”).
Once the Grand Opening date is scheduled, set a time. An average Grand Opening celebration does well at the two hour length of time, and generally receives good attendance around “happy hour” time, but can vary depending on the type of business.
Once the date and time has been established, let us know by emailing: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help coordinate a ribbon cutting to occur at your Grand Opening celebration, which includes providing the giant scissors and red ribbon, plus inviting elected city officials such as the mayor, Economic Development Dept. staff, etc. Ribbon cuttings generally do well about 30 minutes-1 hour into the start of your Grand Opening celebration. For example, if your Grand Opening celebration is set for 5:00pm-7:00pm, a ribbon cutting at 5:30pm or 6:00pm would be ideal.
In preparation of a Grand Opening celebration, we suggest:
- Write a Press Release and send it to all publications – local, county, as well as those relative to your business.
- Create a Facebook event and invite your friends, family, followers. Make sure to include Downtown Santa Cruz!
- Post/Share on Instagram and social media outlets. Make sure to #downtownsantacruz
- Send an invitation to any email list you may have
- Bring a stack of flyer invitations to the Information Kiosk located in front of New Leaf Community Market, 1130-K2 Pacific Ave.
If you have any questions, connect with us!
740 Front St. Suite #160
Santa Cruz, CA 95060