Dates and Times
- Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Postnatal Pelvic Floor is a comprehensive workshop, held every other month, and is designed for all stages of the postpartum period.
Hosted by Jenny Putt, PT, these evening discussions will cover all things concerning postpartum and the musculoskeletal system with an emphasis on the pelvic floor.
Please bring your questions and concerns, as Jenny will tailor each evening to your specific needs. Topics may vary some depending on your questions; she is an expert in the following areas:
- Physiological changes & implications
- Function of the pelvic floor
- Signs and symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Common diagnoses (diastasis recti, prolapse, hemorrhoids, incontinence, pelvic pain)
- Perineal and Cesarean scars
- Postnatal Fitness
- Reconnecting to the core and pelvic floor through posture, breathe and exercise
- Baby ergonomics (lifting, carrying and nursing)
- Pelvic physical therapy (what it is, how to find it and when it’s necessary)
The Postnatal Pelvic Floor is held every other month and is geared towards postnatal mothers, whether you had a baby recently or years ago. Postpartum is for life and it's important to understand, listen and adapt to the changes that occur both physically and mentally in the human body. Professionals in the birth community are also welcome to attend.
Upcoming Dates: June 19, August 21, October 16
Time: 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Price: Sliding scale $5-$20. Please pay what you can truly afford, which allows more mothers access this important information.
If you are currently pregnant, or are trying to conceive, please register for The Prenatal Pelvic Floor workshop instead.