Become A Downtown Ambassador
Ambassador Job Description
The Downtown Association Of Santa Cruz is currently hiring for the Downtown Santa Cruz Ambassador program. Downtown Ambassadors help to create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone who lives, works in, or visits Downtown Santa Cruz. The job entails acting as a positive on-street concierge for the downtown community, addressing quality of life issues, and providing assistance for those in need.
A great program starts with great people. We are looking for candidates who are willing to learn, have the ability to think on their feet, and who can provide a high level of customer service with a smile and a great attitude! If you take pride in your community, want to work to make it better, and want a job where no two days are alike, then you’ve come to the right place. If you are bright, cheerful, friendly, compassionate, and have a desire to make a difference, you may have what it takes to be a part of the Ambassador team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve the Downtown Santa Cruz community by creating a positive experience for all.
- Public engagement and hospitality.
- Actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting and identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information, or recommendations.
- Answer questions from the public regarding directions, events, building locations, and parking.
- Cover assigned areas to address quality of life issues, and provide a high level of customer service.
- General litter pick up, as needed
- Utilize and refer various Downtown Santa Cruz resources..
- Represent the Downtown Santa Cruz Ambassador program at special events.
- Interact with Downtown businesses to provide support and connect them with appropriate City agencies and resources and to assist with problem solving.
- Provide reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, and provide a log and report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall standards of expected professionalism.
- Positive demeanor
- Strong ability to work and interact with the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to eight hours a shift in various weather conditions.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work under minimal supervision, as well as work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Downtown Santa Cruz and its community strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports and to communicate with various resources..
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion with accomodations
- Familiarity and experience using a smartphone device required.
- Available to work weekends.
- Strong customer service or hospitality experience required.
- Ambassador Captain: Starting pay is $17.00/hour
- Ambassador: Starting pay is $15.00/hour
The Downtown Association Of Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.