Security Camera Grant Program Information
The purpose of the Security Camera Program is to encourage business and property owners within the CRM District to install security cameras in order to improve public safety. The Program reimburses owners of commercial buildings and businesses up to 50% of the total cost of eligible improvements, for a maximum reimbursement of $500 for a single commercial property. The security camera system must be installed outside of the building providing security for the business and public space. Costs for a security camera range between $500 and $1,500.
Eligible Applicants: Applicants must be the owner of a commercially occupied building within the CRM District or an operating tenant business with approval of the property owner.
Eligible Equipment: All security equipment shall be subject to review and approval by City of Santa Cruz Police Department prior to purchase.
- Capable of recording color images during sufficient lighting and recording black and white images during hours of low light.
- Tailored to each eligible property taking into consideration
- The distance of the target image;
- The “lux rating” or compatibility with the amount of light available to include excessive amounts of sunlight; and
- The view of the camera in relation to area of desired coverage.
- Have a clear and unobstructed view of outside areas of desired coverage.
- Contact Downtown Management Corporation at 831-420-5157 to request an application. The application will require:
- Photo of building clearly showing where security camera will be located.
- Estimate from a licensed contractor detailing camera specifications.
- Police will review camera specifications.
- if you are a tenant, the signature of the building owner granting permission for the proposed work.
- Completed applications should be delivered to Downtown Management Corporation, 337 Locust Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 or email@example.com. 3
- . An award letter will be sent, specifying amount of reimbursement. Once received, the applicant can proceed with the purchase and installation.
- Once camera is installed, it must be registered with the Santa Cruz Police Department.
- When registration is complete, submit copies of invoices and proof of payment to Downtown Management Corporation and a reimbursement check will be mailed out.